The training includes only those methods developed by the The Jikiden Reiki Institute in Kyoto. We follow the Codes for Ethical Practice established by both the Jikiden Reiki Association.
Reiki is a simple form of energy healing from Japan known as “Shinshin Kaizen Usui Reiki Ryoho” which translates as “Usui treatment for the improvement of body and mind.” Jikiden Reiki is the original Reiki presented with credibility and clarity.
It is free of Western influence and differs from “Western” style Reiki in approach, attitude and ideas. You will experience Reiki in its original beauty and simplicity.
- A safe and effective treatment over many years.
- A very simple, non-religious therapeutic treatment that works whether you believe in Reiki or not
- Includes ideas and methods not previously taught in the west
- Accreditation and Regulatory Bodies
Levels of Instruction and Course Descriptions
- Shoden (Reiki I) offered locally and regionally is taught by Shihan Kaku or Shihans.
- Okuden (Reiki II) offered locally and regionally is taught by Shihans, Dai Shihans, & the principles, Yamaguchi or Petter.
- Shihan Kaku- Assistant Teacher Training, repeat Shoden and Okuden with the teacher of Shihankaku. Submit reports of at least 120 hours of in person sessions focusing on bysosen sensing, plus 2-3 case studies. Teachers who are Dai Shihan are allowed to teach Shihankaku along with Tadao Yamaguchi and Frank Arjava Petter.
- Shihan (Teacher training) is completed with Frank Arjava Petter or Tadao Yamaguchi only. Shihan kakus teach at least 5 classes of Shoden with a minimum of 10 students.
For more details of upcoming training events, please see Arjava Petter’s page.